Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Successful Surgery!

Praise God! Ella made it through the surgery! The doctor said that everything went well. All of the repairs were made successfully and her chest cavity was closed. We get to visit her soon and will give more details later.

22 comments:

Anonymous said...

We are so happy for you all! Oh, the touch of the Masters hand! We will continue to pray for a very rapid recovery. Enjoy your wonderful little baby.
Love, Steve, Diana, Mariah and Staci

Anonymous said...

Praise God is right!!! Congratuations and best wishes to all of you!
Hugs,
Jacque Melin

Abby said...

Wahoo!! We can't wait to see that little stitched up sweetie! What an awesome God...if there was ever a doubt about the power of prayer... :)
We love you guys!
Kyle, Abby and Ashy

Anonymous said...

Praise God!!! That's wonderful news! I was thinking about the three of you this morning on the way to work and heard a song that brought tears to my eyes thinking about you guys and how great our God is in times like these. Thought I would share the lyrics with you. They're very powerful. Love you guys... Becki

I was sure by now
God You would have reached down
And wiped our tears away
Stepped in and saved the day
But once again, I say "Amen"
and it's still raining

As the thunder rolls
I barely hear You whisper through the rain "I'm with you"
And as Your mercy falls
I raise my hands and praise the God
Who gives and takes away

I'll praise You in this storm
And I will lift my hands
For You are who You are
No matter where I am
Every tear I've cried
You hold in Your hand
You never left my side
And though my heart is torn
I will praise You in this storm

I remember when
I stumbled in the wind
You heard my cry You raised me up again
My strength is almost gone
How can I carry on
If I can't find You

As the thunder rolls
I barely hear You whisper through the rain "I'm with you"
And as Your mercy falls
I raise my hands and praise the God
Who gives and takes away

I lift my eyes unto the hills
Where does my help come from?
My help comes from the Lord
The Maker of Heaven and Earth

I'll praise You in this storm
And I will lift my hands
For You are who You are
No matter where I am
Every tear I've cried
You hold in Your hand
You never left my side
And though my heart is torn
I will praise You in this storm

Anonymous said...

Hey guys,
Michelle and I just want to say congradulations again and we are so happy and thankful that all the surgeries were successful with little Ella. She is adorable! It is amazing to see all the support and prayers from all the family, friends, and loved ones all around you! We thank God for the ability to overcome adversity and leave the future in His hands. With God ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE, and praise God that Ella is living proof of that. May God bless you and your new family! We will talk to you soon.

Our Love & Support,

Chad & Michelle

Anonymous said...

Ella is a child of God; of course he protects and heals. I can't wait to meet her and I'm so happy for your family to be over this hurdle. I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers for a speedy and complete recovery. Angela Korf

Anonymous said...

There is no doubt that he is an amazing GOD and a loving and protective Father. May he continue to bless and take care of each and everyone of you! Chad and I can't wait to see you!

Congratulations! Our love, support and prayers are with you.

Love,
Michelle and Chad Sonksen

Anonymous said...

We are so glad that the surgery was such a success. We will be praying for a speedy recovery.

Love,
David & Katie

Anonymous said...

That is wonderful news! We continue to pray that she recovers from the surgery and all is well. All is fine on the home-front. Lots of flowers outside, maybe in celebration of Marcella! The baby birds are even getting ready to take flight. Can't wait to see that precious baby of yours.
Karen and Mike and kids

Anonymous said...

Wow, modern medicine is a miracle of our time. So glad you were able to get the very best doctor available for Ella's condition and that the surgery went well. We were all praying. You must feel relieved now that this part of the journey toward healing is over. Love,
Lloyd, Becky, Annette and Trent

Anonymous said...

What amazing news!!!! As far as updates, Kyle's got you covered... he was frick'n Jonny-on-the-Spot today with all the news. Many thanks to you my brother. We're all celebrating with you in GR and send our love.

-Calvin

Anonymous said...

We were there in prayers and thoughts, Thanks be to God and the power of prayer.

Anonymous said...

What a world! I heard the Casting Crowns song this morning as well, and wouldn't you know it, I shed the same tears. God must have been reaching us through the song to tell us everything would be allright. The pictures of the growing family are exciting to see. Keeping you 3 in thoughts and prayers!

Ginny

Anonymous said...

Awesome news! So glad to hear that Marcella is strong and healthy. I am sure her parents are so proud. What an amazing thing to see all your friends and family praying and thinking about you all. Joel, Solomon, and I also send many prayers your way. We will be thinking of you often and can't wait to meet precious Ella!!

Love,
Jodi, Joel, and Solomon

Dave Zollinger said...

Congratulations! We are so happy for you. What great news. A miracle indeed.
With Our Love,
Dave, Lisa, & Clayton

Anonymous said...

Yeah! So happy to hear that all is well. Isn't God amazing?!?! He can bring this many people together to lift up baby Ella in prayer and is faithful in His answers. We continue to pray for a speedy recovery and for His love to engulf your family.
Love,
Dana, Ami, and Michael

Anonymous said...

Wowwy wow!!

what a cutie!!

God Bless you guys!!

thanx for sharing!!

Darin and Emily

Anonymous said...

Many blessings on you and your precious one! God provides miracles and you have a wee one in your hands.
Carol

Anonymous said...

I, too, caught myself in tears yesterday. Music has always been a way to move my soul and I'm a firm believer that God takes residency in the most unique places.
The bridge of a song called "Breathe You In" by Thousand Foot Krutch was almost too much for me to handle that early in the morning...

"...took awhile to see all the love that surrounds me... through the highs and lows, there's a truth that I know... and it's You"

Tyler and Christy, it's moments like these where we're reminded of how many people are there to support you (us). These collective prayers and testimony are enough for anyone to cultivate their faith but suffice to say I've been very thankful for how they have personally touched my heart.

Take great care and thanks for the opportunity to return some of the love you've always given me.

-Calvin

Anonymous said...

Praise God for a successful surgery! We are thinking of and praying for you!

Lots of Love,
Erin & DeWayne

Anonymous said...

So very glad to heqr the GOOD NEWS as we continue to pray for her and you guys as well!

Love Jim & Ruth VanD

Anonymous said...

I am so happy for baby Ella. I will keep you all in my thoughts and prayers.
Gigi