skip to main |
skip to sidebar
8 pounds!
Our nurse put naked, screaming Ella on the scale today to reveal that she has gained weight and is now 8 pounds! She continues to get stronger and is developing a big appetite. Tyler and I are adjusting to parenthood. We love holding Ella and looking into her big blue eyes. Tyler is so enamored with little Elle that he doesn't even mind changing her dirty diapers or getting poop on his hands. I, on the other hand, find it disgusting when Ella has explosive poop, pees on me, spits up on my shirt, or leaks milk down my chest. I hope I get used to this soon. Teaching fifth graders is a lot easier than taking care of a baby.
My mom spent the past week with us and we were sad to see her leave today. Not only did she enjoy caring for her first grandchild, but she took care of needed housework like laundry and dishes. There are many new flowers out front planted by Mom, too. Thanks for helping us this week. We love you!
4 comments:
Once again... Tyler, it was great to catch back up to you. Good times!
-Calvin
It's great to see these post-hospital photos. Ella looks so good after all she's been through. She is healing amazingly fast. Christy, you are blessed to have such caring and helpful parents.
Becky & Lloyd
Way to grow, big girl!
Love,
Abby
And Christy, maybe you'll get used to all that stuff, but maybe you won't. I still gag sometimes when I'm changing an especially stinky diaper or even sometimes when I'm wiping Ashlyn's nose! Although, I must say, it IS definitely different and more tolerable when it's your own child!
Love,
Abby
Post a Comment