Friday, June 02, 2006

Relaxation

This is how Ella sleeps at night, with her arms up high. Really! They say it is a sign of contentment and relaxation. She takes several long naps during the day, however she hasn't yet learned how to sleep through the night.

I'm learning how to relax, too. No longer on a busy daily schedule, I'm enjoying an occassional nap and lots of time with my daughter. This afternoon, we sat on the porch and observed the power of a thunderstorm as it blew into town. Every day, we also check on a nest of baby robins housed on our front porch. It is the second nest we've been able to observe this spring.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

interesting... my Dad was told the same thing, sleep with your hands over your head... after he had his heart attack last year.

doctors must be on to something...

-Calvin

Anonymous said...

I am so happy that Marcella is so healthy. She is one beautiful little girl! Exploring the world that God has made is one of the most fulfilling things to do with your child. That is one of the things I like most about being a parent. Enjoy every moment together and never take one moment for granted. God Bless You All!
Love, Di