Wednesday, November 05, 2008

This looks good

Picture this, Ella sitting in a large comfy chair, flipping through a cookbook; one of my favorites that I've borrowed from the library several times. There is much text and commentary and few pictures. Why is she drawn to this book? Why has she been "reading" it for the past 10 minutes? I'm tuning in now and overhear her conversation with herself.

"This looks good.
Peas in it.
The steam comes out right there.
This is what I eat.
I reading it.
Now I read it again.
I spell words.
How bout we make soup.
I gonna pick.
I don't like that chicken."

She just goes on and on like this. Finally she gets bored of the book and says,

"I just like Ella's books. I like library books the best."

1 comment:

Ami said...

So sweet. I love their 'commentaries.' It's fun to capture them like this, too. :)