The highlight of Marcella's 6-month doctor's appointment was finding out how much she's growing. Here are her current measurements! Height: 27" long (90%). Weight: 16 lbs, 10 oz (75%). Head circimference: 16 1/4" (10%). She had four more shots including the flu shot, which made her a bit grouchy this weekend. She wasn't happy much and actually prefered Mom over Dad, believe it our not. It's the first time she has shown preference. She just wanted to cuddle with mom when she was not feeling well. Whenever Tyler took her, she started to cry.
This week she is starting to exert her free will. She will throw a temper when she does or does not want something, like a bottle or toy. First she starts crying, her lips quiver and vibrate, then she screams, and last she works herself up so that she coughs and even gags. My oh my! Tyler came home from work last night when she was in the middle of screaming like this and he just laughed. Sometimes we don't even know what she is so upset about.
Ella also wants to do things herself. She likes to hold her own sippy cup of water. She also likes to feed herself with the spoon, but that gets really messy. Now, I give her a spoon to practice with and I feed her with a second one. She prefers avocadoes and pickles. Yes I said Pickles! She will knaw and suck on a dill pickle spear, just loving it. I think she likes the salty taste. Surprisingly she also liked tomatoe garlic soup. She must get her taste buds from her dad who also LOVES garlic. I drew the line when Tyler wanted her to taste horseradish sauce last night. That can definitely wait. I won't even eat that.
Oh and did I mention she has two bottom teeth now! They came in a week apart. Her drooling has now slowed down, so maybe her other teeth are going to wait awhile to come in.
She is stronger than ever, sitting up by herself and pushing her body up in the crawl position. She loves playing with her toys, moving them from hand to hand. And of course her favorite toy.. is our dog Grayer. She smiles big whenever she sees him and loves touching his face. In the afternoons when Karen is babysitting, Ella likes to play with baby Claire. They "talk" to each other, babbling back and forth in their own baby language. They smile at each other and grab at their toys.
Honoring Who We Love
2 months ago
No comments:
Post a Comment