This scar will continue to tell a great story of life and healing. Everytime I look at Ella, I'm reminded of the greatness of God. He is so good to his children and he has surely taken care of and blessed our family immensely over the past several months. Our journey began as we learned about Ella's congenital heart defect in February. It continued as we learned to trust God in such a bigger and deeper way than we ever have before. Some people have asked, "Why didn't God heal her before she was born? Why did she have to go through the surgery and hospital stay?" I believe that God is powerful enough to heal in the womb, however He allowed us to go through this experience so that we would grow and learn a new appreciation for life. Marcella's heart defect has turned into such a blessing, and I'm glad that I had this opportunity to need God. I continue to lift up prayers of thanks for our daughter and for the scar that will always be a reminder of God's grace and healing in her life!
Honoring Who We Love
2 weeks ago
2 comments:
your words are very powerful... what a testimony!
-Calvin
Kyle and I had just been talking about her scar--how we hope and pray that someday, when she's aware of it, that she will be proud of it. We pray she'll see it as a sign of the miracle she is. I'm sure that the two of you will foster that in her as well. You're such great parents to her and we love you guys!
K, A, A & #2 Warmington
Post a Comment